End of the Year Banquet ~~ All good things must come to an end!
On November 9, EWGA-MidTN celebrated our 2017 golf season with our End of the Year Banquet held at Monell’s at the Manor. Over three dozen members enjoyed great food, great drinks, great prizes and great friendships.
It takes a bit of magic and a lot of shining volunteers to provide us with a successful year. Led by our chief magician (the one in the hat!), this year’s highlights were shared by several Board members and league captains.
Did you know that YOUR Chapter:
- Added 22 new members and maintained a 77% retention rate for existing members
- Enjoyed strong support for all 5 of our weekday and weekend leagues
- Planned and hosted numerous playdates, instructional clinics, and other events
- Provided almost $400 in support of the Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition and the EWGA Foundation while maintaining a positive financial balance
- Enjoyed sponsorship support by many long-term Chapter friends
- Hosted a record number of chapter participants to play in the EWGA Championship Finals and the EWGA Cup
And the best part is next year promises to be even more exciting!!!
Jeannie Musterman Volunteer of the Year Award
The Jeannie Musterman Volunteer of the Year Award is in recognition of a longtime member and enthusiastic supporter of the Middle Tennessee Chapter. In her honor each year, the chapter recognizes a volunteer who embodies Jeanne’s love of golf and exhibits strong dedication to our Chapter. We are honored to recognize Joni Kies as the 2017 recipient of this prestigious award. Currently serving as our Director of Communications, Joni embraces her role with a can-do attitude, good humor, and enthusiasm. On and off the course, Joni brings her winning style and smile for all to enjoy! Congratulations, Joni!
Most Improved 2017 EWGA Middle TN Player
We know it takes dedication, hard work and plenty of practice throughout the summer to lead to an improved game. One of the duties of our Handicap Chair is to ascertain via a review of our handicaps who has made the most improvement over the season. Although several of our members made great strides with their game improvement, the one with the MOST improvement is Karen Seufert. Way to go, Karen!